Here's an example of one of our five 'Test Yourself' Interactive Sailing Quizzes. It's from the Safety and Emergencies CD.
As you can see, while reviewing the lights you can adjust the degree of darkness by moving the slider up or down.
The other Interactive Quizzes are:
* Rules of the Road (Boat Handling 1)
* IALA Buoyage Systems A and B (Navigation & Passage Planning)
* International Signal Flags (Skipper & Crew)
* Fog and Sound Signals (Weathercraft)
Here's a sample animation from Boat Handling 2.
Make sure you have your sound turned on. Almost every animation includes an audio giving step-by-step instructions to make your learning easier.
Other examples of our animations include:
* How weather systems develop
* How to fire a flare
* How to correct for variation and deviation
Similarly, we have selected video clips to show you, for example:
* How to bowse a halyard
* How to take a sextant shot
* How to put out a fire onboard
* How to tie the essential knots you will use at sea
We want you to learn better seamanship by applying what you learn to real life situations.
Buy The Boating Bible Manual of Seamanship - 6 CDs
Each CD starts with the basics and develops the skills you will need to be a competent and effective skipper.
Subscribe today to our Newsletter and receive your link to download the Introduction to The Boating Bible Manual of Seamanship - it's FREE! Want to see back issues before signing up? Read examples in our Newsletter Archive.